Tailor-made products for harsh conditions
BushProof provides a growing range of innovative drinking water, irrigation, consultancy and renewable energy products. Characteristically, these are all low-cost, durable and easy to maintain, also in remote locations by people without technical qualifications.
Some products have been uniquely developed by us (e.g. low-cost hand pump, plastic bio-sand filter receptacle). Others are replicated from successful initiatives elsewhere (e.g. Treadle pump, Canzee pump). Well jetting is an example of a little used technology which BushProof successfully adapted to suit a specific context (in this case coastal Madagascar). Our application – a fast, low-cost, sustainable approach reaching large numbers of people also deep in remote areas - is unique in the world.
All products and technology used by BushProof are characterized by:
- Low-cost / high cost-efficiency;
- Robust and durable – suited for use under tuogh conditions;
- Simplicity – facilitating maintenance using locally available skills and materials;
- Ability to rapidly reach large numbers of people;
- Distinct measurable impact on health, poverty reduction or well-being;
- Potential for significant scaling-up and replication.
The range of products that BushProof markets includes: bio-sand and ceramic filters, Canzee, Treadle and simplified family pumps, well jetting and low-cost (manual) drilling methods, as well as micro-solar applications.